Translate the strings

Translate the strings

mstudiomstudio Posts: 14Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello, I found your solution and need to translate the strings to Hebrew that RTL language, Can I translate the string without problem? I found this link 'http://legacy.datatables.net/usage/i18n' on other topic, but did not understand what to do.
If I translate the string "show X entries" I need to change between "show" and "entries" also "Showing 1 to 5 of 5 entries" need to change order.
Can I not display these strings?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

This page in the manual contains information on how to translate the strings DataTables uses.

This plug-in provides a Hebrew translation ready to be used.

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @mstudio ,

That page is an old legacy page - the one you want now is for language, specifically language.info. There are several examples on those pages that should make more sense. Let us know if not.

Cheers,

Colin

• mstudiomstudio Posts: 14Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks, I used the URL option, it will be always up to date?
    I had problem where I had one row with data on table with 5 rows,
    the data was on last row instead of the first row, so I used
    "order": []
    is that correct?
    I also disable the ordering.

Those strings, yep, will be supported. And yep, order if set to [] will disable the default ordering - the user can still order, but the table will initially have no order (data will be displayed in the order created/in the DOM).

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks, you can explain why this happen? why the default ordering put the first row data on the fifth row?

Ah, I didn't see your comment for that, it must've got lost in translation. If you're seeing that, could you provide a test case or a link to a page that demonstrates that problem and we can take a look,

Cheers,

Colin

I can not reproduce it, maybe my setting was wrong, not it look good.
    Other question, can I use table cell to trigger the event? how I can style them?

I have question about accessibility, should I open new topic or try to search for it?
    The example bind 'onclick' event to the table row, can I make it work also with the 'Enter' key?

Hi @mstudio ,

This example here shows cell clicks triggering events.

For accessibility, yep, please open another thread, this one is getting busy :)

And for keys, take a look at the KeyTable extension, this will do what you want,

Cheers,

Colin

I think this one can be close, I will open new one if needed

This discussion has been closed.