Autofill not saving

Autofill not saving

test42test42 Posts: 21Questions: 8Answers: 0

Hi,

I setup autofill and when I go to drag it, it would highlight the rows but not save any data in it. Now, I don't know what changed but it doesn't even show the little blue box to drag. I'm using autofill with keys together + inlining. Wondering what I'm doing wrong...

autoFill: {
                columns: ':not(:first-child)',
                editor: editor
            },
            keys: {
                columns: ':not(:first-child)',
                editor: editor
            },
            select: {
                style: 'os',
                selector: 'td:first-child',
                blurable: true
            },     

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @test42 ,

It's working in this example here, so I'm guessing you changed something that broke it on your end.

I'd say the place to start would be the libraries, ensure they're still present and loaded. It would be worth running the debugger on the page - as this would show what libraries are being loaded. If no joy, press upload and we can take a look,

Cheers,

Colin

• test42test42 Posts: 21Questions: 8Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

I've discovered what's happening is the little "dt-autofill-handle" button is showing up at the VERY end of the table outside of it. What's weird is I've cleared all CSS and it's still getting stuck out there. Digging into it now but do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

It's actually this same issue

However, I've got the latest jquery and datatables version loaded, attaching my setup below:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://cdn.datatables.net/v/bs4-4.1.1/jq-3.3.1/moment-2.18.1/jszip-2.5.0/pdfmake-0.1.36/dt-1.10.18/af-2.3.0/b-1.5.2/b-colvis-1.5.2/b-flash-1.5.2/b-html5-1.5.2/b-print-1.5.2/cr-1.5.0/fc-3.2.5/fh-3.1.4/kt-2.4.0/r-2.2.2/rg-1.0.3/rr-1.2.4/sc-1.5.0/sl-1.2.6/datatables.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/generator-base.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/editor.bootstrap4.min.css">
        <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Karla" rel="stylesheet">

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/popper.js/1.11.0/umd/popper.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="https://cdn.datatables.net/v/bs4-4.1.1/jq-3.3.1/moment-2.18.1/jszip-2.5.0/pdfmake-0.1.36/dt-1.10.18/af-2.3.0/b-1.5.2/b-colvis-1.5.2/b-flash-1.5.2/b-html5-1.5.2/b-print-1.5.2/cr-1.5.0/fc-3.2.5/fh-3.1.4/kt-2.4.0/r-2.2.2/rg-1.0.3/rr-1.2.4/sc-1.5.0/sl-1.2.6/datatables.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="js/dataTables.editor.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="js/editor.bootstrap4.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="js/table.test.js"></script>

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Could you use the nightly version of AutoFill please? If that doesn't work for you, can you link to your page showing the issue so we can debug it.

Thanks,
    Allan

Hi Allan,

I've added the nightly build to no avail. Will send you a direct message as I can't post the data publicly.

Thanks!

For future views of this post, we determined the "dom: Blfrtip" attribute was causing layout issues, simply removing that allowed autofill to work again.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Just for clarification - the dom option is only an issue if you are not using the DataTables styling (i.e. you are using Bootstrap or similar). For the integration styles the dom option needs to be a bit more complex, as shown in the dom documentation.

In v2 dom is going to be replaced with a much easier option!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.