FixedColumns and Scroller issue

FixedColumns and Scroller issue

tom99tom99 Posts: 48Questions: 10Answers: 0

As far as I understand, FixedColumns and Scroller should be compatible, at least this example page says so:
https://datatables.net/extensions/scroller/examples/initialisation/fixedColumns.html

However, in our application, when I scroll horizontally, the header row has fixed columns, but the body columns are not fixed. They are scrolling like if FixedColumns would not be active.

The same problem can be triggered on the example page above by scrolling all the way down and then back up and then horizontally.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @tom99 ,

Are you able to reproduce the problem in that link you posted?

If not, we're happy to take a look, but it would help if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

The same problem can be triggered on the example page above by scrolling all the way down and then back up and then horizontally.

I was able to reproduce in the example link using the above.

Kevin

Ah, sorry, I entirely missed that line, yep, I'm seeing that, it definitely looks wonky. We'll take a nose and report back.

C

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Do you need to mouse wheel all the way down and then back up? I've just tried clicking and dragging the scrollbar and it seemed to work okay.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

I scrolled using the trackpad, not dragging the scrollbar. So I guess that would be the same as using mouse wheel :smile:

Kevin

Yup - I'm a plonker. I see the issue now. That does look rather buggy.

Allan

• tom99tom99 Posts: 48Questions: 10Answers: 0

Thanks for looking into it.

Just so this doesn't fall off the list, I've raised a jira, DD-668, I'll report back here when it's been progressed.

C

I can not find the DataTables bug tracker. Is this issue already fixed? Thanks!

No - I'm sorry to say it hasn't. I've bumped its priority.

Allan

Thanks. Is the bug tracker public?

No, it's internal only.

C

Any news on this?

Hi @tom99 ,

Unfortunately not, it's still in the backlog. Due to other priorities, it's unlikely to be looked at in the next few months, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Colin

It is finally sorted now and will be included in the Scroller and FixedColumns releases later this week.

Allan

edited November 2020

Hi @allan,
    the sample page I mentioned when reporting this has the newest Scroller and FixedColumns (even newer than the download page) but I can still reproduce the bug there.

Yep, definite regression there. I've re-opened that ticket (DD-668) and I'll report back here when there's an update. Thanks for letting us know,

Colin

Just to note this has been addressed. See Allan's comment on this thread.

Colin