MySQL Connection

MySQL Connection

IMTanukiIMTanuki Posts: 50Questions: 10Answers: 0

Trying to find a specific example of a connection to a MySQL view (or just a table) as the source for a DataTable report.

1. Can anyone point me to docum that shows this/
  2. The only references to MySQL connections seem to be in the Editor docum - is it necessary to use Editor to create reports?

Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @IMTanuki ,

This YouTuve video shows how to set up serverSide with MySQL. Hope that does the trick,

Cheers,

Colin

• IMTanukiIMTanuki Posts: 50Questions: 10Answers: 0

Hi @colin

The link goes to DataTables' reference section. I've searched on youtube and quite a few videos out there...is there any one in particular that addresses connectivity to MySQL. btw, I'm trying to embed a report in a WordPress site.

Thx!

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Sorry, the link fell off - here it is. I'm not sure what you mean by report, but hopefully this will do the trick.

• IMTanukiIMTanuki Posts: 50Questions: 10Answers: 0

Just what the doctor ordered! Many thanks!

Just by observation - seems like a separate interface needs to be written in php for each table or view to be exposed in datatables. I have a fairly complex database with approx 20 views...so, looks like one php interface per view.

I'm wondering if someone has written a generalized interface that will accept an SQL string as a parameter...

in the short term, though, the solution in this video works fine!

This discussion has been closed.