Editing and Mjoin

Editing and Mjoin

JJGJJG Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 0

I have two tables with a one-to-many relationship. Regattas have a number of divisions based on how many races are being raced. That collection of divisions is a div_series. I am looking to display the div_series name as the collection of divisions and have the user be able to select a div_series by its name.

Editor

{
                label: "division",
                name: "division[].div_series",
                render: "[, ].div_name",
                type: "select"
            }

DataTable

{ data: "division", render: "[, ].div_name", editField: "regatta.reg_div_series"  },

Server Side

->join(
        Mjoin::inst( 'division' )
            ->link( 'division.div_series', 'regatta.reg_div_series' )
            ->order( 'div_order ASC' )
            ->fields(
                Field::inst( 'div_series' )
                    ->validator( Validate::required() )
                    ->options( Options::inst()
                        ->table( 'division' )
                        ->label( 'div_series' )
                        ->value( 'div_series' )
                        ->where( function ( $q ) use ( $user_assoc ) {
                            $q->where( 'div_end_year', '0', '=' );
                            $q->where( 'division.div_assoc_id', $user_assoc, '=' );
                    } )
                    ),
                Field::inst( 'div_name' )
            )
    )

A number of issues arise, and I apologise in advance if these are simple issues, this is the first time I have attempted to use Mjoin.

Datatables renders the column correctly, however when the column is clicked on i get the error "Uncaught Unable to automatically determine field from source. Please specify the field name. For more information, please refer to https://datatables.net/tn/11", however, I had already specified the editField.

When I select a row and invoke the editor the correct selection is made (only the div_series that are appropriate are displayed) but the select values render as the div_series number rather than the concatenated names?

When I submit a change from the editor I get:
"{"fieldErrors":[{"name":"division[].div_series","status":"Input not valid"}],"data":[]}"

I realise this is most likely my misunderstanding, however, any direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

I had already specified the editField.

Right - but the field name given, doesn't match the name of the field given to Editor. In the DataTables config you've said edit regatta.reg_div_series, but in Editor you've called the field division[].div_series

You want to have them match - see this example.

the select values render as the div_series number rather than the concatenated names?

The label should be showing the div_series value since you use ->label( 'div_series' ). I think you probably want to change that line to be ->label( 'div_name' ).

Allan

• JJGJJG Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 0

I was assuming that from a division table that looks like:

div_series,div_name
    1,A; 2,AAAA;2,AA;2,A;1,B;2,AA;1,C

I could construct a select list
    { value: 1, label: "A, B, C"}, { value: 2, label: "AAAA, AAA, AA, A"}

that would assign name to regatta.reg_div_series when selected in both the inline editor and the editor window.

I don't quite understand the table data structure there. Did the change I suggested make any difference?

Allan

They made a difference, but still produce errors (that are related). The select list does not populate and of course produces the error "An SQL error occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'reg_div_series' at row 1".

The data structure that is relevant:

regatta
    idreg_div_series
    division
    iddiv_seriesdiv_name
    11AAAA
    21AAA
    31AA
    41A
    52B
    62C
    73B
    83A

When displaying Regatta from this data I want to the reg_div_series as, for example: "A,B,C" this works using data: division, render: "[,].div_name"
    I am looking for the select menu to comprise:
    AAAA, AAA, AA, A
    A, B, C
    A, B
    but to assign the div_series value to regatta.reg_div_series which in the example above would be:

Hope that is a little clearer. Thanks again!

So I bypassed the whole thing and build the options: list myself which works as expected, except for the fact that the current value is not automatically chosen from the options: list. I presume that this is because the current selected value is chosen as the list is being built rather than added after the list is constructed. Is there a standard way of setting the selected value to the current value?

Answer ✓

The built in select field type should actually be able to handle that. Can you show me the code you are using please?

Allan

No worries, left over field data: reference from earlier attempt was messing it about.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.