Support for UIKit 3

Support for UIKit 3

eladnovaeladnova Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 1

Any plans to support UIKit 3 as a theme?
Been using it for months even though it's "beta" and it's a very nice framework.

I have it looking like the table options in 3 right now by CSS and jQuery
Would be great to have it official supported
Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Agreed - it looks super nice.

There is a tech preview for UI Kit 2, although is 3 is in beta now, any updates would just skip on to that now.

It isn't something I'm actively working on at the moment, but feedback for the next framework to be added is always welcome.

Regards,
    Allan

• eladnovaeladnova Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 1

Thanks Allan
    BTW having used UIKit 3 Beta for a while, I notice that the core classes etc are very stable. IE With each new point release these are not changing. Rather, they are adding new components and fixing minor bugs.

If you were to start dabbling with V3 you wouldn't be rewriting your code :)

You are absolutely right - for a major release that's very stable. I've just committed the changes needed for DataTables core with UI Kit 3.

If you take it for a spin at all, let me know how you get on with it.

Allan

• PL47ERPL47ER Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

I have replied to your commit on Github : https://github.com/DataTables/DataTablesSrc/commit/611c99c96ee44f38e566072feb5343994c999b90

&

https://github.com/DataTables/DataTablesSrc/commit/c1fa0c2cce8c70d735bd6317b9565585715aa18e

I am currently working on a project with UIkit 3 and DataTables and I would like to contribute for UIkit Theme by suggesting few things, Whats the best way ?

A pull request to the DataTablesSrc repo is the best way :).

Allan

• eladnovaeladnova Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 1

Is UIKit 3 now oficially supported? I only see a link to a UIKit 3 tech preview.
    Cheers

No. To be honest it hasn't been requested all that much, so I've not spent much time working on it I'm afraid.

Allan

• SteveDSteveD Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0

For what it's worth, we'd certainly love for your work on UIKit integration to continue.

We're planning on using Datatables and also paying for Editor, but... we've also decided to use UIKit.

Does this put us in an incompatible position? Is your work on UIKit integration essential to us using it or will we be able to use DT+Editor with UIKit either way?

If you are using Editor and UIKit already, then absolutely, carry on. There isn't an Editor integration for UIKit at the moment, so you'd be stuck with the DataTables styling for it (unless you want to write your own integration - it isn't actually that hard, have a look at the Bootstrap 4 integration file for Editor for example).

Allan

thanks for your response. So far it seems to be working well.

I am having one problem. The sorting indicators which are to appear at the right of each column name seem to be stuck "behind" them. Other than forcing the header to be 2 lines high, there's nothing I can do to make them visible.

here's an example: (the tiny marks above the text are the indicators peaking through)...

Any ideas?

thanks

Looks like you might be using the DataTables styling, rather than the UIKit 3 styling file for DataTables? The arrows should look like in this example: https://datatables.net/examples/styling/uikit.html .

Allan

nope, those are the right arrows, they're just positioned a long way up and "behind" header lines.

I thought the headers might have an opaque background but when I forced them to be transparent, I still couldn't see the arrows... it's a bit strange...

well... I naively left all classes out of the

<

table> element (duh) thinking that uikit should be left out and DataTables would put in what it needed...

Like I said, duh.

Now that I've mimicked your setup on your tech preview page, it all seems to display fine.

thanks for your help

This discussion has been closed.