Rendering in SharePoint

Rendering in SharePoint

khaoskhaos Posts: 47Questions: 11Answers: 0
edited January 2011 in Bug reports
I have a webpart that I wanted to use datatables on.
I took the html and the css files from the demo.

First I ran the demo in a non SharePoint .NET environment and it works as expected. :)

When running in SharePoint datatables does not render at all and any jQueryui will stop functioning. If I comment out the call for datatables the jqery ui items start to function again. I am using the zero configuration to simplify the debug process.

What can I do to help you help me?

My thanks in advance,

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi khaos,

What is the HTML output for the table? Does it include a THEAD and TBODY like in the DataTables requirements: http://datatables.net/usage/#prerequisites ? I don't have a SharePoint install myself and haven't used it before so I can't say exactly why this might not be working without a bit more information. Specifically are you getting any Javascript errors? Also can you give us a link so I can see what is happening?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • khaoskhaos Posts: 47Questions: 11Answers: 0
    edited January 2011
    np. I have to snip some rows to make it fit in the post. I am using the actual html table code from your site and the zero config. No errors in IE or chrome.

[code]

$(document).ready(function () {
    $('#example').dataTable();
    });

Rendering engine

Browser

Platform(s)

Engine version

CSS grade

Trident

Internet Explorer 4.0

Win 95+

X

Trident

Internet Explorer 5.0

Win 95+

C

Trident

Internet Explorer 5.5

Win 95+

A

Trident

AOL browser (AOL desktop)

Win XP

A

Gecko

Firefox 1.0

Win 98+ / OSX.2+

A

Gecko

Firefox 1.5

Win 98+ / OSX.2+

A

Rendering engine

Browser

Platform(s)

Engine version

CSS grade

[/code]
    Allan, I have found it. It was a true PICNIC error. I referenced the datatable script before the jQuery script. Although there were no visible errors. I was able to dig in and find that jQuery was unknown. Sorry to waste your time.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair Not In Computer
  • allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Heh - I like that acronym - I'll use that many times myself I'm sure! Good to hear you got it working :-)

Allan
    Enjoy. Since everyone knows about the id-10-t error, I had to come up with something else...

I will be trying to get the ASP.NET GridView to work correctly soon. I have some real work to do to try and get the rendered html to format as desired by DataTable. I will post as I make progress.
    -Joe
This discussion has been closed.