Custom filtering

Custom filtering

giri283giri283 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2011 in TableTools
Hi there,
I need to add a select (combobox) which will customize the search functions.

In other words, if an user selects an item from the select, the table should be filtered and show only those rows that contain the item.

The combobox must be inserted both in the page where the table is, and in the home page so that, when the user selects an item, he/she is redirected to the page with the table and filter applies.
moreover, i need to change the style to the field search.
the site is http://www.sasweb.it/test/vendita.php.

Someone else did this site and i don't know where to start even though i went through you examples.

Can you help me please?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Do you mean something like this: http://datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter_select.html - although with a ComboBox rather than the select menu? I would perhaps suggest that the place to start is to integrate the example of the select menus, and then look at integrating the jQuery UI combi box and autocomplete controls once that is done (since with the select menu integration - just grab the code form the demo - you'll have everything needed for the jQuery UI stuff).

Allan
  • giri283giri283 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi there, thank you for you kind reply. However i wasn't able to solve any of my 3 issues.

I think that what i need is even easier than your example. I need a select menu which searches in all columns.
    It's like a search but with preconfigured words.
    in other words i need:

1) something like

windows
    linux

2) insert the select menu as above but in another page. So, when an user selects an option, it redirects to the page with the table (passing a querystring param) and automaticaly we filter the table.

3) i need to change the style (border and font size) to my search textbox.

Thank you in advance.

PS: I can pay if anyone can do this in my place.
  • giri283giri283 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I spent half day but i did everything by myself even though i would have prefered to pay. Thank you all the same
  • allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner - been at work all day :-). Great to hear you got it sorted in the end!

Allan
This discussion has been closed.