How to perform several consecutive CSV imports

How to perform several consecutive CSV imports

danygiacodanygiaco Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0
edited February 2020 in Editor

Hello,

I am facing an issue when I try to import several consecutive CSV file in my tables.

I look into your example : https://editor.datatables.net/examples/extensions/import
The issue also exists : if you import a CSV file into the table, and then try to import another CSV file the import form will open but you cannot load a file from your computer.

Do you have any clue to correct this issue ?

Thanks

Answers

• danygiacodanygiaco Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Actually, it seems that the issue occurs only when we try to import twice the same file.
    Is there a way to allow it ?

Thanks

• ComGreedComGreed Posts: 15Questions: 3Answers: 1

Everything works fine in Firefox. It's a Chrome Problem. The issue is most likely related to this stackoverflow. You're lucky that there are so many good replies for this issue.

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

@danygiaco - What version of Editor are you using please? If not 1.9.2, could you update to it?

Editor has the following code in it to address this specific issue:

// Clear the value so change will happen on the next file select,
                // even if it is the same file
                container.find('input[type=file]').val('');

so it should already work and it does appear to for me (FF and Chrome).

Thanks,
    Allan

• danygiacodanygiaco Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Thank you for your replies.

@allan : I am using the version 1.9.2. It is surprising that it works on your side. You are able to import consecutively twice a same CSV file ?

@ComGreed : I am not sure how to use the solution provided in the link you shared. I will have a look in it.

This discussion has been closed.