datatable going unresponsive for large table

datatable going unresponsive for large table

vkp6464vkp6464 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

hello all,
in my table i have 40,000 row with 80 column and i also using server side processing. i wanted to load all the data in one page is this possible using this library?
also my problem is that while loading the data it take lot of time and after some time the page is going to be unresponsive.Also i does not want to use pagination and lazy loading with table scrolling.
in my current scenario i am able to add 10,000 records with 80 columns. can we achieve 40000 rows with 80 column on one page with out using pagination and lazy loading? if yes how?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

40k rows with 80 columns is a lot of data to hold in the DOM. It would be worth looking at Scroller - which loads the data as needed.

Colin

• vkp6464vkp6464 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello colin,Thanks for the response. yes i have tried that solution but the requirement is to load all the data in one go and in one page. Is their another solution which will work.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

in my table i have 40,000 row with 80 column and i also using server side processing.

If it's all on one page, you might as well remove serverSide as that won't give you anything.This section of the FAQ may help, it discusses various techniques to improve performance,

Cheers,

Colin

• vkp6464vkp6464 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

yes i will look into that..thanks colin for your support...

This discussion has been closed.