Editor - New, Update, Remove - Oracle Stored Procedures

Editor - New, Update, Remove - Oracle Stored Procedures

david.j.meyer2@boeing.comdavid.j.meyer2@boeing.com Posts: 54Questions: 15Answers: 0

I'm working on an application C# MVC application that uses oracle stored procedures for all database interfaces. It does not use the entity framework and we can't interface with tables directly. Is there a way to use the C# editor with a stored procedure to perform the create, update and delete functions. For example to add a users we would call an oracle package that has a stored procedure in named add_user. An example struct is included below:
PROCEDURE modify_user (
userid IN app_users.user_id%TYPE,
requestorid IN app_users.user_id%TYPE,
in_site IN app_users.site%TYPE,
in_roles IN app_users.role_list%TYPE,
in_email IN app_users.user_email%TYPE DEFAULT NULL,
status OUT VARCHAR2
)

I have played around with generating the Json myself and have some success but I'm getting a empty data row when its passed into the server side for an update. For example the request contans a key data[null][user_email] and i believe the null is supposed to be the row id.

Is there a way to use the Editor object with a stored procedure? If not, what should i be looking for in my setup that could be causing a null row id?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Unfortunately the provided Editor libraries do not at this time operate with stored procedures on any database.

For example the request contans a key data[null][user_email] and i believe the null is supposed to be the row id.

Do you have the primary key value available in the data at the client-side? If so, use the idSrc option to tell DataTables / Editor where it is.

Regards,
    Allan

• Twiggy21Twiggy21 Posts: 16Questions: 6Answers: 0

I would also like to see Editor work directly with a stored procedure call.

This discussion has been closed.