scroller extension / server side processing - data jumps after reloading

scroller extension / server side processing - data jumps after reloading

jentsjents Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am trying to use the scroller with server side processing, but the scroll position appears to jump every time new data is loaded.

It can be seen in the example given here https://datatables.net/extensions/scroller/examples/initialisation/server-side_processing.html

If I scroll slowly, new data records are requested when record #46 comes into view, but it scrolls back to view record #23.
If I continue scrolling slowly, every time new data is loaded it jumps either forward or backward in the table.

Is there any way I can fix this?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @jents ,

That's been fixed in the nightly releases - see this code here, using the same example code but the nightly Scroller build. We hope to release a new version of Scoller shortly.

Cheers,

Colin

• jentsjents Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you

• scilencescilence Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

I realize this is an old post, but I'm still experiencing this with serverside data source. Even though I'm running on the most recent release, I decided to drop the nightly release in and it's still jumping when loading more data.

Any ideas?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

The OP referred to this page as it was demonstrating the issue - it's no longer occurring there so that specific problem is definitely fixed, so you may be experiencing something similar, but different.

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.