classes not replicated when columns are folded

classes not replicated when columns are folded

tcardinaltcardinal Posts: 31Questions: 9Answers: 0

I have a column which has a label

<label id="label_RIO1393_approved" class="btn active act_test"><i class="fa fa-thumbs-o-up fa-lg fa-fw fileaction" aria-hidden="true" id="icon_RIO1393_approved_approval"></i></label>

The "active" and "act_test" are dynamically set when the label is clicked.

when this column is folded as a responsive action then the label in the created child is missing the dynamically set classes. Is there a way to carry them across?

Thanks

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Oddly enough, this was requested recently - see here. It's scheduled to be in the next patch.

Colin

• tcardinaltcardinal Posts: 31Questions: 9Answers: 0

great news, can you let me know when it's released? thanks

Answer ✓

Will do, I've added this thread to the bug (DD-1369 for my reference) and we'll report back when there's an update.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I've committed the change to Responsive which means classes will be copied over to the child elements created by Responsive. That will be included in the 2.2.4 release of Responsive later this week.

Allan

edited June 2020

Hi Allan

I have updated to 2.2.4 and I'm still not seeing the dynamic classes copied across when the table is resized and the elements drop into the responsive section.

Any ideas?

I just tried it here, and it seems to be behaving for me. Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

edited June 2020

Hi just edited the example and lost all the changes :neutral:

The classes that are there when the table is initialised do get copied across. The difference is that classes are added in script with an onClick event or the like, don't get replicated.

I'll sort out access to our dev site.

Thanks

Ah yep, I'm seeing that here. We'll take a look and report back.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

That is correct and expected. We do not currently copy across the classes that were added externally. If that is something you want to do you'd need to use either a custom renderer, or probably easier, use responsive-display to modify the display elements when the details information is shown.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.