Submit Editor row instead of field update

Submit Editor row instead of field update

AstecConsultingAstecConsulting Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

1) When using the inline editor, is there a way to perform the submit after going to another row rather than leaving a field, which is what happens using the onBlur option. I am looking to mirror the same behavior as when the user opens the edit form, changes the data, and clicks on the update button.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

With inline editing, each edit would need to be submitted to ensure the validation is correct. That said, you could try queuing the changes, as suggested in this blog post,

Colin

• AstecConsultingAstecConsulting Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you Colin. I am going to dive into your example later today. But I think this may solve my problem as long as I can use the inline editing mode.

The challenge I facing is using editor inline with multiple select fields (each of the Job fields, 6 in total). I have been following the forum posts regarding the challenges with this arrangement. The select field works fine except that periodically one of them wont retain a value. The only work around has been to tab between the fields .

Odd that it's periodical, but not always. Are you able to link to a page so we can see?

Colin

Thanks for the link. I just tried about a dozen times and the select always kept the new value. Is there a way to force it to fail? Or how many times do you have to try on average before you see the condition?

Colin

I often cant get from the Tues Job to Weds before the Tues job reverts to the previous value in the select list. I am using Chrome but it performs the same in Internet Explorer. I also disabled all of the extensions that were active in Chrome. I will go ahead and make sure that Ithe libraries that I am linking to are all correct. This particular app has not gone through any type of optimization/cleanup and may benefit from such. But I think the solution will be to just commit all of the records at once via a button click as in the example you provided.

Thank you for your help.

Doug

I just tried again, in Incognito mode, and still unable to reproduce. I'm creating a new row, then clicking on the first select, changing it with the keyboard or the mouse (have been trying both), and then tabbing across to the next one (tho sometimes just click on the next one), and it's always working for me.

If you're still seeing it after that cleanup, and can reproduce it reliably, we're happy to take another look,

Colin

Sorry Colin, I forgot to ask if you tried it without using the keyboard, strictly moving from one select to the next without posting anything in the hours selection. In other words using only the mouse and the select statements.

That's it - I'm seeing it now. When the problem happens, it's not contacting the server with the update, so definitely something odd. I noticed you are including jQuery twice, it would be worth removing one of those and seeing if that makes a difference.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Could you also update your copy of Editor please? I see you are using 1.9.0 - 1.9.4 is the current release.

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.