Small problem - line underneath table

Small problem - line underneath table

galcottgalcott Posts: 53Questions: 15Answers: 1

I just came across a small cosmetic issue that I haven't seen before with DT. I have a small table that's displaying with a line underneath it that I don't want. It looks like this (I've blotted out the data for confidentiality). This is in a popup dialog box but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Here's the code, nothing unusual.

<TABLE ID=tblCounselors><THEAD><TR><TH>Name</TH><TH>Email</TH><TH>Phone Ext</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE>

dtCounselors = $('#tblCounselors').DataTable({
    ajax: 'nwcs.php?proc=getcounselors',
    dom: 't',
    scrollY: '200px',
    paging: false
  });

So how do I get rid of this line?

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

Your browser's "inspect" tool (right-click on your mystery line) will show you what CSS is being applied. That is a likely source of the problem.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,140Questions: 26Answers: 4,735

Right click and inspect the element to find you what it is. Could be a footer. Could be a hr. Could be something else. If you need further help please post a link to your page or a test case so we can take a look.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• galcottgalcott Posts: 53Questions: 15Answers: 1

It seems to be a footer. I haven't seen this before so I wonder what's different about this table. This is what the inspect tool shows. So how do I get rid of it?

Do you have a footer defined in your HTML? Datatables doesn't add one. Its somewhere in your code.

Kevin

No I don't. I don't understand where the "::after" came from if DT isn't doing it. I just created a simple test page that pulls this out of the original page. You can see it here.
    galcott.com/nwcs/test.html

Looks like its added with scrollY. Inspecting the element there is this CSS

.dataTables_wrapper.no-footer .dataTables_scrollBody {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #111;
    }

Unchecking it in the dev tools removes the line.

Try overriding this CSS in your style section.

Kevin

Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed that. I don't need the scrollY on that table so I just removed it.

This discussion has been closed.