error managment

error managment

LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

hi all

I'd like to catch some error.

I have a table with data opened on screen, go to eat or else, and when come back later click on edit...

Editor will open but data is not yet connected because data cookie expiration (or other case like network disconection, ...).

Each time I get data using ajax, the php file called verify if session is active using a php function. If not, this function try to redirect href to authentification page and return false.

So when opening editor, an ajax load is launched, and when success, response is not ajax formatted, (because php try to set href to auth page). so error is : ajax response not formatted correctly,

If setting errMode to alert, I get the
DataTables warning: table id=SecDonnees - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1
If I set the errMode to none I have no message

In both case, editor will open

changing some editor values, and then submit changes... and I get the submitError event, then deal with this... returning to auth page. OK

So I think setting errMode to none and get the error myself, but

when errMode is set to none I can't get a message... (breakpoint not reached)

$.fn.dataTable.ext.errMode = 'none' 
$('#donnees').on( 'error.dt', function ( e, settings, techNote, message ) {
    // breakpoint
    console.log( 'Error : ', message );
} )

Where am I wrong ?

A similar way is How to manage timeout and go to specific page not regarding what program is doing (both in an editor or table page...)

Thanks for help

Regards

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

I have a table with data opened on screen, go to eat or else, and when come back later click on edit...
    Editor will open but data is not yet connected because data cookie expiration (or other case like network disconection, ...).

The situations you describe are outside the scope of DataTables. I don't really understand what you are hoping to achieve here.

• LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4
    edited February 2021

hi @tangerine

Thanks for answer

I just want to be sure when user edit or add or delete a row than data is accessible , and if not display a message and go to login form...

As I said, if a table is displayed and user go away for a moment, when coming back the data will not be accessible because at data call (ajax) a cookie validation is done.
    If delay is expired, data will not be and I'd like to tell user it is, before to open editor (not on submiterror event) for example at click on edit button (or both edit / add/ remove action) or row change or ...

Is there a way to globally set this ?

the error is throw at success result of ajax call, that message is tn1...

Where errMode is set to alert, mesage is displayer in alert...

Where errMode is set to throw, the message is in js console....

If errMode is set to none, I can't catch the error (or I miss something) to manage it...

The oder way should be to verify cookie onPreopen and on select / deselect, ........

I hope a more global system should be....

Regards
    Bob

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Bob,

DataTables always expects a valid JSON response - even if there is an error somewhere. Could you perhaps have the server return:

{
      "data": [],
      "errors": "sessionTimeout"
    }

And then use xhr to check for the error parameter. If it is there, then do a window.location.href = '/login'; (or whatever)?

Regards,
    Allan

• LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Thanks all

This discussion has been closed.