Editor stand alone inline editing example not working

Editor stand alone inline editing example not working

wblakencwblakenc Posts: 77Questions: 17Answers: 1

Description of problem: The example showing editors stand alone inline editing ability is not functional. Also, is it required to use the attribute type (i.e. data-editor-field) instead of tag type (i.e. <editor-field name="position"></editor-field>)?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• wblakencwblakenc Posts: 77Questions: 17Answers: 1

Also, when I look at my Chrome developer tools I see this JavaScript error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined". When I attempted to make a local example, I got the same error.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

This thread should help - it's a bug that snuck in with the Editor 2.0 release. Apologies for the inconvenience,

Colin

edited April 2021

Thanks Colin. I followed what Allan suggested but that does not appear to fix the issue in 2.0.1. Here is the error I get (using the non minified version):

datatables.js:19900 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
        at Editor._inline (datatables.js:19900)
        at datatables.js:18311
        at datatables.js:19647
        at Editor._event (datatables.js:19685)
        at datatables.js:19645
        at Editor._event (datatables.js:19685)
        at Editor._edit (datatables.js:19639)
        at Editor.inline (datatables.js:18310)
        at HTMLElement.<anonymous> (index.cfm?action=jurisdiction:67)
        at HTMLElement.dispatch (jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2)

Another update. I downloaded editor 1.9.6 and the error exists there too (or at least the fix in that other thread doesn't resolve it). Hope this helps.

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

Could you give me a link to your page so I can track it down please? I'm going to do an Editor 2.0.2 release soon which will fix the problem with the standalone inline editing in the examples, but if you've discovered another problem, it would be good to be able to address that.

Allan

Working on giving you a link. Stand by.

Link to site with login credentials sent via direct message.

@allen, I know you have a lot of things going on right now, but I wanted to make sure you got the login credentials. Hopefully, I sent them to the correct person.

Thanks for all you do!

Answer ✓

Sorry - I've just send a PM back!

Allan

Thanks Allan. That resolved my issue. I thought I had fixed it per the thread. Anyway, it is working now.

Now I have a related question. In my application, if you are an admin you will see a table of data which editor will be used to, well, edit that data. However, if you are not an admin, you should only see your data (not even the table). I was hoping the stand alone inline editor could function like the normal editor, just not in a modal. Any chance that is an feature I am missing some place? Or is this where I build a new display controller?

Again thanks for all you do!

Answer ✓

I was hoping the stand alone inline editor could function like the normal editor, just not in a modal.

You'll need to explain that to me a little more I'm afraid. The normal Editor does use a modal, unless you are using inline editing which the example we were working on shows?

Do you mean you want multiple fields to be inline editable at once while standalone editing? I'm afraid that is not a feature of Editor at this time. Editor 2 does have that ability for table rows but not for standalone editing I'm afraid.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.