buttons and inputs displaying below each other

buttons and inputs displaying below each other

ChrisKolliChrisKolli Posts: 28Questions: 8Answers: 0

Hey Hey,

As is said in a previous question I have a datepicker input at the top of my page to select the day that i want to be displayed.
Now i also need to add something next to it which tells you the date and week number.
But it is always displayed below each other not next to.
This is how it looks:
This is how it should look:

This is my code:

<body class="dataTables">
        <div class="container fluid" style="max-width: none !important ;padding: 2%">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col-sm-6">
                    <input type="text" id="displayDate" class="search datepicker">
                    <input id="submittedDate" type="text" style="display: none;" >
                </div>
                <div class="col-sm-4">
                    <h3>KW: </h3>
                </div>
                <div class="col-sm-2">
                    <button id="toggle_backlink" class="btn btn-sm btn-info" style="border:3px solid deepskyblue" onclick="document.location.href='../';">Zurück</button>
                </div>
            </div>
            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="display" id="calendar" width="100%">

And yes I have bootstrap4 js and css included

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    edited April 2021

This is not a Datatables specific question but a question about how to use the Bootstrap grid system. Try removing sm from each of the rows, for example class="col-sm-6" becomes class="col-6". Please see the linked doc and use something like Stack Overflow for Bootstrap and other non-Datatables specific questions.

Kevin

• ChrisKolliChrisKolli Posts: 28Questions: 8Answers: 0

Oh okay I thought datatables was the reason because it works like that in another project I'm working on that doesn't use datatables

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    Answer ✓

Actually using sm should work. I needed to refresh my understand of Bootstrap grids :smile: I did try your code snippet here with Datatables and it seems to work:
    http://live.datatables.net/buqimiho/1

You can update the test case to show the issue and if its caused by Datatables the developers will take a look.

Kevin

• ChrisKolliChrisKolli Posts: 28Questions: 8Answers: 0

nope was my fault. i added bootstrap directly, changed the generaor created code to include bootstrap and now it works

This discussion has been closed.