row selected works in reverse

row selected works in reverse

jmp97jmp97 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, I have a DataTable in which the select is single, and I need to retrieve which row is selected, but it works the other way around ... That is, with this:
console.log ($ ('# top_chart'). DataTable (). row ({selected: false}). data ());

I can get the one that is selected, but where it says false it should be true, right? But if I set it to true, it returns me undefined ...

This is my DataTable (generated via AJAX):

function analysis_attributes_list() { $.ajax({ url: "/analysis/analysis_attributes_list", type: "GET", dataType: "json", success: function (response) { if ($.fn.DataTable.isDataTable('#top_chart')) { $('#top_chart').DataTable().destroy(); } $('#top_chart tbody').html(""); for (let i = 0; i < response["top_chart"].length; i++) { let row = '<tr>'; for (let j = 0; j < response["top_chart"][i].length; j++) { if (j !== 5) { if (response["top_chart"][i][j] === true) { row += '<td>' + '<input class="form-check-input" type="checkbox" value="" onchange="analysis_attributes_list_checkbox_handler(this)" checked>' + '</td>'; } else if (response["top_chart"][i][j] === false) { row += '<td>' + '<input class="form-check-input" type="checkbox" value="" onchange="analysis_attributes_list_checkbox_handler(this)">' + '</td>'; } else { row += '<td>' + response["top_chart"][i][j] + '</td>'; } } } row += '</tr>'; $('#top_chart tbody').append(row); } $('#top_chart').DataTable({ "pageLength": 5, "lengthMenu": [[5, 10, 20, -1], [5, 10, 20, 'All']], "destroy": true, "select": { style: 'single', }, "responsive": true, }); $('#top_chart').off('click').on('click', 'tr', function () { console.log($('#top_chart').DataTable().row({ selected: false }).data()); }); }, error: function (error) { console.log(error); } }); }

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Using the selector-modifier of {selected: false} is returning all of the unselected rows, not the row you clicked. Since you are using row() instead of rows() only one row is returned and the console.log statement is outputting the first row in your dataset.

The click event fires before the row is selected resulting in undefined when using {selected: true}. Instead use the select event to get the selected row. See this example:
    http://live.datatables.net/sadudema/1/edit

It shows the click event fires first and the select event displays the selected row.

Kevin

• jmp97jmp97 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Oh I understand. It is the first time that I use DataTable for something other than displaying data and I get a bit lost ... One thing, how could I, from a function, get the number of the selected row?

Thank you very much Kevin! :smile:

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

get the number of the selected row?

What is the number you want? You can use row().index() to get the row index. You can use row().id() to get the id if you use the rowId option.

Kevin