SearchBuilder with Server Side Processing

SearchBuilder with Server Side Processing

poeziafreepoeziafree Posts: 35Questions: 11Answers: 0

Hello,

As I have seen, SearchBuilder is now available for Server-Side DataTables through Editor PHP Libraries.

Until recently, I was using the SSD Class for server-side processing. I followed the instruction of installing the Editor PHP Library on my server and as long as the examples are working fine, I believe that I have successfully installed it.

However, there are certain things I don't understand:

1. Don't I need the SSD Class anymore? Or I should use the Editor Library in combination with the SSD Class?
  2. If I don't need the SSD Class anymore, where can I see the detailed description of how to retrieve data from MySql tables through the editor library?
  3. As I am informed, the editor is paid, however, @allan said here https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/64728/searchbuilder-does-not-work-on-server-side-instances that using the library for SearchBuilder can be implemented without the license. Does it mean that I can be using the editor library for free including for the very purpose which was before served by the SSD Class?

My apologies, I do appreciate the great work you are embarking on a daily basis, but I feel a little bit confused. What I need to do is to be able to use SearchBuilder in server-side DataTables.

Any kind of help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• poeziafreepoeziafree Posts: 35Questions: 11Answers: 0
    • SSD Class is my mistake, I meant SSP Class
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Don't I need the SSD Class anymore? Or I should use the Editor Library in combination with the SSD Class?

Correct. Editor's server-side PHP libraries will do the read operation that the SSP class would have done.

If I don't need the SSD Class anymore, where can I see the detailed description of how to retrieve data from MySql tables through the editor library?

In the documentation which is far more through for Editor that the SSP class. Specifically start here and then work on through the joins etc as you need. Obviously some parts won't be relevant if not using the editing features. For security make sure you have ->write(false) before the ->process(...) call, so nobody can submit a sneaky Ajax request to edit data! See this blog post for more info.

Does it mean that I can be using the editor library for free including for the very purpose which was before served by the SSD Class?

You can use the Editor PHP libraries for free. They are open source under the MIT license. The client-side Editor library carried a commercial license.

Allan

Hi @allan

Thank you very much!

You can use the Editor PHP libraries for free. They are open source under the MIT license. The client-side Editor library carried a commercial license.

In this case, can I use the trial version of Editor PHP Libraries?

Next, do I still need to use all Editor Classes1 even if I will only be using the SearchBuilder? (I don't need Edit, Add New options)

DataTables\Editor\Field,
    DataTables\Editor\Format,
    DataTables\Editor\Mjoin,
    DataTables\Editor\Options,
    DataTables\Editor\Upload,
    DataTables\Editor\Validate,
    DataTables\Editor\ValidateOptions`

In this case, can I use the trial version of Editor PHP Libraries?

There is no trial version of the PHP libraries. They are open source under the MIT license. You can use the PHP libraries that are in the Editor trial package if that is what you mean, or you can get them from github.

Next, do I still need to use all Editor Classes1 even if I will only be using the SearchBuilder?

No. You'll need the Editor and Field lines, since you still need to define the fields, but unlikely that you'll need to use any of the others.

Allan

Hi, @allan

Thank you very much. One more question, please.

I am stuck with GROUP BY issue as it is not supported by the Editor. I have read your comments about VIEW but I don't really understand it. Is there any way round? Or any more vivid example?

I've just added a reply to your other thread on this topic.

Allan