Group by Alternative in Editor

Group by Alternative in Editor

poeziafreepoeziafree Posts: 35Questions: 11Answers: 0

Hi,

I am implementing the server-side processing through DataTables Editor PHP Library instead of the SSP Class as long as I need to make use of the SearchBuilder as well.

There is one issue I cannot resolve on my own and please, help me.

As I know Group by is not available in the Editor. However, I thought I could query the data and return it in the required JSON format, rather than having the Editor class do it, but still have the Editor class perform the update, etc.

How can it be achieved? Maybe I could use the modified SSP Class that supports the Group by and join functionality?

Is any example available?

Thank you in advance

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Any method of bypassing Editor PHP's data fetch is going to bypass the SearchBuilder server-side conditions as well. The conditions are applied on read, so that is unavoidable I'm afraid.

You could certainly modify the SSP class to add support for SearchBuilder, joins and grouping. It might be a fair amount of work, but it should be possible. You could even use Editor's SearchBuilder PHP code as the basis if you did go down that route.

But all that said, I'm afraid there is no option for using server-side processing with Group By in the software we provide at the moment.

Allan

• poeziafreepoeziafree Posts: 35Questions: 11Answers: 0

@allan , thanks a lot!

Could you please tell me where exactly to locate the Editor's SearchBuilder PHP code?

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Have a look here.

Allan