FixedColumns 4.0 & frozen right columns - spacing issue, scrolling header and footer cells issue

FixedColumns 4.0 & frozen right columns - spacing issue, scrolling header and footer cells issue

jklosinskijklosinski Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

I see FC 4.0 was just released, you guys rock!

It looks like the latest version results in slightly different behavior for the header of fixed columns on the right. In v3.3.3, right-fixed column headers would not move on scrolling, but in 4.0 they scroll horizontally.

Header and Footer cells scroll issue
Here is an example with 3.3.3. Scroll horizontally and note that the Start Date and Salary header and footer cells do not move.

Here is an example with 4.0. Scroll horizontally and note that the header and footer cells scroll, and here is an example with 3.3.3.

Is this new behavior intended?

Single pixel width on both sides of the Salary column show the table beneath?
Also, in the 4.0 example, note that there is a single pixel space on either side of the Salary column. It seems like maybe the fixed columns have a single pixel spacing around them which shows the non-fixed table beneath. Change the width of the results pane to be 824px wide and you should see black pixels come through directly to the left of the scroll bar (tried in Chrome and Edge). A similar but possibly different issue is even more noticeable when you change the whole window width, slide the window width back and forth and you should hopefully see entire black 1px wide strips appear.

Thanks so much for the fantastic tool (DataTables) and for all of the support you guys provide!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take a look next week and report back.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    edited September 2021

No - that behaviour absolutely isn't intentional, sorry about that. There should be a "blocking" element there to stop that sort of scrolling. We will debug that on Monday.

Allan

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @jklosinski ,

That should be the first issue that you mentioned fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next FixedColumns release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

The second issue that you have mentioned appears to be a sub pixel rendering issue. We can reproduce this on certain monitor/browser combinations, but it is really inconsistent. Because of this we can't implement a fix that isn't really hacky - we would consider this a deeper issue within the monitor scaling with certain browsers.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• jklosinskijklosinski Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

Thank you for the quick replies everyone and for fix in the nightly.

As far as the black pixels coming through, it is not consistent but very frequent on my end. I'll try to troubleshoot once I can get FC 4.0 working in my app (but I found another blocking issue...created a new thread for it).