Problem with "Child Table"

Problem with "Child Table"

sergio01sergio01 Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hiii. I've been trying a lot of times to introduce in Wordpress the example Parent / child editing in child rows https://datatables.net/blog/2019-01-11 and I have an issue related with the Child Table part (the drop down)....

Inside Wordpress I have a plugin with a specific "hub" and there's where i put all the code. The code runs well except the part of the drop down. I think that its a problem of the "access path" but I dont really know.

Can anybody help me??

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

I'm surprised the rest works, apart from that. If it was to do with the access paths I would've expected the other queries to also fail.

Can you check the ajax responses, please, and see what they say - there might be an error being returned. Also, please can you also expand on what happens when you click the drop down - are you seeing errors, bad values, etc? And if possible, can you link to your page so we can debug, please?

Colin

• sergio01sergio01 Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 0

Thanks Colin and sorry for the late response. Its no error return back... just no work. The problem I think that is related with the Ajax.
    I dont know if you can help us from the inside of the work, by giving you the credentials to access.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

If you drop me a PM (click my name above and then Send message) with login details I can take a look at it.

Allan

Thanks. I have all the code in a local server right now. Leave me a couple of days to move it to the public server and I will notify you :)

What a "few days"... We've been trying to configure the drop down and we finally achieved it by ourselves.
    Now we have another issue: we are trying to put another drop down in the rows that are inside the first drop down (like extra info inside those rows).

If you Allan or Collin could help us with that it would be great.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Yep, if you can post a test case or link to a page demonstrating the issue you want help with, we're happy to take a look,

Colin

Ok. What we're thinking is to put this https://datatables.net/examples/api/row_details.html inside the child rows of this https://datatables.net/blog/2019-01-11

So that we can add another drop down inside the child rows of the Parent/Child Editing in Child Rows example (a new drop down called "Info")

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

So nested editing of a nested editing table? Yes, that is most certainly possible. You would apply the same principles from the blog post to the child table that you already have - i.e. add a click event handler for a 'control' column, which would trigger the row().child() method to open / close as required.

Allan

We're having some problems with this of putting a "drop down inside the rows of the current drop down" we have.

I dont know if it is possible to give you the credentials and take a look at this part of our project...

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,143Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Does this example help?
    http://live.datatables.net/hakatehi/3/edit

I made it a long time ago. I think it still works and supports Editor at multiple child levels. You could update my example to show the issues you are having.

Kevin

I think Its easier than that. I mean in my case I just need, inside that second drop down, a row. Just a row, without columns.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,143Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

You can show whatever you want. I changed my example to show a row (well its more than one) copied from this example. I only changed the createChild_2() function for this.

Kevin

Hi. Just to let you know we still working on it... My mate has knowledge in programming but he has to studying more about Json and JQuery.

He's making a great effort and we still trying to configure it!