Is there a way to embed scroll resize and fixed columns

Is there a way to embed scroll resize and fixed columns

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• Swetha9090Swetha9090 Posts: 28Questions: 5Answers: 0

embed scroll resize and fixed columns??

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,735

You should be able to add fixedColumns, like this example. You will need to install the fixedColumns JS and CSS as described in the FixedColumns docs.

Kevin

but i want fixed columns along with scroll resize.Is it possible?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,735

I just tried it and it doesn't seem FixedColumns 4.x works with ScrollResize. FixedColumns 4 is a rewrite to simplify the DOM structure. These changes must have caused incompatibilities with ScrollResize. See this example with FixedColumns 4.0.1.
    http://live.datatables.net/ludeqebo/1/edit

Here is the same example using FixedColumns 3.3.3 (the last 3.x version). FixedColumns and ScrollResize both work:
    http://live.datatables.net/zikagejo/1/edit

You can use 3.3.3 for now. @allan or @sandy can comment on whether FixedColumns 4.x can be made compatible with ScrollResize.

Kevin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @Swetha9090 @kthorngren ,

I must admit that this is not something that we considered when rewriting FixedColumns. I'd say that these two should work together. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2417 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

@kthorngren thank you so much for ur reply...It worked

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @Swetha9090 @kthorngren ,

Solution to this was to actually remove the call to the legacy FixedColumns method within the Scroll Resize plugin - see this example. This will be available in the next Plugins release which we hope will be in the next few weeks, or you can just grab the code from the above example or github.

Thanks,
    Sandy