ColReorder breaks SearchBuilder when column is not selected and columns are reordered

ColReorder breaks SearchBuilder when column is not selected and columns are reordered

igorsantos07igorsantos07 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0
edited January 2022 in Bug reports

Link to test case: https://datatables.net/extensions/searchbuilder/examples/integration/colReorder.html
Steps:
1. click "Add Condition"
2. Move the Position column to the third place (so Office is the second)
3. select "Position" in the "Data" select from the conditions. You'll notice Position is still the second
4. select "equals" as the condition
5. guess what? The "Office" options are listed instead of "Position"

This doesn't happen if you move the column before adding the condition line.

I understand this probably happens because the dataset used for the condition line won't change with the column reordering, but then 1. the said integration feels incomplete and 2. it's particularly terrible when you notice the list of values for "equals" gets mixed up.

Bonus: speaking of confusing SearchBuilder integration pages, the page about the Buttons integration seems... not necessary? Otherwise, I didn't understand what that integration is about, since the Add Condition doesn't come from a button of the Buttons plugin.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Yep, thanks for pointing that. I've raised it internally (DD-2433 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

On the bonus, yep, it's not coming from the Buttons styling, but they do look similar, so we just wanted to show thedom settings needed to display both.

Cheers,

Colin

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

p.s. we'll also look at your other thread and report back, but that might be in a couple of days.

• igorsantos07igorsantos07 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hmmmm right, makes sense now about the buttons. Glad the issue will be looked into! Thanks for the feedbacks :)

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @igorsantos07 ,

That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next SearchBuilder release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• trongarttrongart Posts: 222Questions: 51Answers: 0
    edited February 2022

I confirm that this works.