Auto Refresh on Dropdown

Auto Refresh on Dropdown

kashifaukashifau Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am using CakePHP. I added a dropdown to my template (https://datatables.net/forums/uploads/editor/rg/xfgh8ofwyfvz.png) and when I select any option some sort of event, perhaps an ajax call is automatically called. Is there a way to stop that or detect what event is being called so I can add logic to it?

Replies

• kashifaukashifau Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

Photo missing in previous post:

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

That dropdown isn't part of the DataTable, it's a control created in your code, so that means it's going to be something in your code or CakePHP that's generating the event. It might be worth asking on StackOverflow or a forum dedicated to CakePHP,

Colin

I also thought so but when I use var table = $('#Events').DataTable(); inside a script tag on that page, the auto refresh stops. Is there a way to disable datatables ajax on a particular page?

You can reset the URL to an empty string in ajax.url(), that would stop it being able to get any more data.

Colin

Thanks will try that. There is another related issue on the same page. I am using drop down to filter data and it successfully returns the desired result when I click filter button, but when I click any of the page number the paging is reset to original query and the filtering is lost. I found this link https://datatables.net/reference/api/ajax.reload() but it didn't work.

We would need to see that to understand the flow. We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

I solved the issue using session variables, but would be keen to find another more datatables oriented approach.