join select plugin with modal window

join select plugin with modal window

KospiKospi Posts: 6Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi all,
I need add to a data table a functionality similar to editor plugin, but I can't afford that.
I implemented with succesfull the select functionality, but I can't call an modal form from my databable.
I attached a capture how work now.
Thanks in advance!
Some ideas?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,148Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    edited May 2022

Start by looking at this example. showing how to use delegated events to get the row data of the clicked row. This example shows how to use multiple buttons in a column to get the row data.
    http://live.datatables.net/xijecupo/1/edit

Once you get the row data you can use standard Javascript methods to open a form to edit the data. When the submit button is clicked you can send the updates, via ajax, to the server. You can either have the server return the updated table data and, in the success function, update the particular Datatable row. Or you can simple use ajax.reload() to refresh the table data after the update.

I know there are other threads on this forum with similar questions.

However I would suggest considering Editor. Its $60 USD and has all the code you need. You can start with a demo license to try it out. It might be worth $60 for the amount of time it would take to write your own CRUD application.

Kevin

• KospiKospi Posts: 6Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi kthorngren!,
    thank you for your devolution!.
    I agree with you that $60 usd it's worth it, (really cost 119 usd a single developer license), .
    Unfortunately in my country we have some problems with foreign money, also in this moment I am developing my application that will take too much time to arrive in production.
    But I will consider.
    Thank you !