SearchPanes 2.0.x much slower than SearchPanes 1.4

SearchPanes 2.0.x much slower than SearchPanes 1.4

Nick HopeNick Hope Posts: 48Questions: 12Answers: 1

I recently made a lot of Datatables updates and I'm finding on my complex page that SearchPanes 2.0.x is much slower than SearchPanes 1.4. There is a lot of lag in the filters becoming activated after they are clicked. I have found the same lag with both searchPanes 2.0.0 and 2.0.1. Here are 2 comparative examples:

https://fplform.com/SearchPanes-1pt4-FixedHeader-3pt2pt1.php

https://fplform.com/SearchPanes-2pt0pt1-FixedHeader-3pt2pt3.php

(Note that the FixedHeader versions are different to illustrate another problem that I will post separately, but don't affect the searchPanes responsiveness.)

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware of a part performance drop on the client-side. I'll need to spend some time digging into this. I can't say yet when I'll get a chance to do that, but I will look before the next SearchPanes release in case there is something noddy in there.

Allan

• tacman1123tacman1123 Posts: 168Questions: 39Answers: 1

I love SearchPanes, but it appears that it doesn't play well with Scroller.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Scroller shouldn't make much difference. Can you link to a test case showing the issue please?

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    edited March 2023

@tacman1123 this would be a good place to start. In this example, Scroller and SearchPanes appear to be working together as expected. Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Colin

• tacman1123tacman1123 Posts: 168Questions: 39Answers: 1

My issue was when using Ajax to load the data. But it definitely wasn't the ajax causing the slowness.

I'm hoping to post something soon.