Is it possible to apply a search to my search panes when the page initially loads?

Is it possible to apply a search to my search panes when the page initially loads?

Larry27Larry27 Posts: 35Questions: 10Answers: 0

https://www.baldwinproject.ca/maps/RenfrewCtyGrid.html

I want to be able to basically present my data pre-filtered so a user only sees a specific records when the page first loads. On this particular page users will see the taxes payable for different values of homes in different municipalities. I would like to initially present the information filtered so they initially see only a house value of say $250,000, and the taxes they would pay in each of the 10 municipalities in our county.

I hope I am explaining this reasonably well.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

How are you choosing what is pre-filtered?

Maybe one of these ideas will work:

This example shows one option to preselect with search panes.

If you are using ajax you can use ajax.data as a function to send filter parameters to the server, like this example.

You could use search.search to define the initial search string.

If you still have questions please describe how you want the process of selecting the pre-filter data to work.

Kevin

• Larry27Larry27 Posts: 35Questions: 10Answers: 0

I would be content to just set it myself at $200,000, so that every time a page loads it starts at $200,000, and the user can then decide for themselves to change the value to something else. I'll tinker with the examples and see how far I get :)

Thank YOU :)

I am loading my data from a JSON file btw

This is frustrating me now, lol. How about this: - Is there a simple way to just hide the data grid until a user selects records from the SearchPane?