Custom State Data Example broken

Custom State Data Example broken

Benjamin.Smith@OptimalAnswers.comBenjamin.Smith@OptimalAnswers.com Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case: https://datatables.net/extensions/staterestore/examples/customisation/customStateData.html
Debugger (debug.datatables.net): eyazoc
Error messages shown: None
Description of problem: Example isn't doing what it supposed to. Select is not being restored on state selection.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Agreed, thanks for letting us know. I'll take a look and report back when there's an update,

Colin

• Benjamin.Smith@OptimalAnswers.comBenjamin.Smith@OptimalAnswers.com Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0

Muchly appreciated!

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for highlighting that error. The issue there is that the Select extension actually now provides built in support for selection state saving (note, the example doesn't make it clear there, but you must have a row ID for it to work - I've committed an updated description for the example which will be deployed soon).

So what I've done is to commit a change to the example that you specifically mentioned, that demonstrates the ability to save and restore different parameters (I've used the range filter example as a basis for it). This will also be deployed to the site soon.

Allan

• Benjamin.Smith@OptimalAnswers.comBenjamin.Smith@OptimalAnswers.com Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0

Fantastic! Appreciate all the work you put into this incredibly helpful tool.