Completeness of the Vue 3 Component

Completeness of the Vue 3 Component

ayzayz Posts: 51Questions: 18Answers: 0

Especially @Allan: Before commencement of a project, I would just like to clarify that indeed every single feature available in the regular pure-JS/ jQuery version also works via Vue 3?

Realizing limitations midstream isn’t at all fun.

Many thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,710Questions: 1Answers: 10,103 Site admin

As far as I am aware, yes, that is correct.

One thing the Vue component can't do (and is Vue specific) is render Vue components inside the DataTable. That limitation is unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

Allan

• ayzayz Posts: 51Questions: 18Answers: 0
    edited March 2023

That's a bit of an issue.

For CRUD, an action column is needed to link to the view/ edit pages for a displayed resource.

This means <RouterLink> (or <NuxtLink>) will need to be replaced with <a> tags, defeating the de-facto client-side purpose of Vue.

I know you mentioned this is not priority but can you possibly point in any direction of a possible hack to render links at least?

Just seeing this so will be reviewing.

• allanallan Posts: 61,710Questions: 1Answers: 10,103 Site admin

Its not so much of it not being a priority, it is more that it is probably going to be technically very difficult to do. It will need DataTables to support an external component rendering content into its cells, while it also knowing what that content is. I don't have a straight forward approach to that at the moment I'm afraid.

Allan

Does the renderless route address the challenges you've mentioned, if not drawing you too far into Vue world (afterall, DT should serve all frameworks + vanilla)?