Quirky inline editing behavior of child of a multi-level form .

Quirky inline editing behavior of child of a multi-level form .

koniahinkoniahin Posts: 186Questions: 39Answers: 7

We have a lovely multi-level page (businesses and contacts/business). Editing of the parent level is this side of perfect. This includes inline editing, setting up the bubble editor via another post, etc.

When we click on a parent it bring up the children fine. The breakdown.

1) We click to edit any editable field in table view. Text field, select, textarea, ckeditor (bubble-edit). It works perfectly.
2) Satisfied, we click to edit another field
3) The input, select, etc opens and closes instantaneously.
4) Try the same on any field including the one we just editing and it fails.

However...

I just discovered that if I first click out and not in a field, like under the page title, then click into a field it works. Visually I can see it flash to indicate something is processing.

So, edit a field, click out, edit another field, click out, etc

This is the same laravel/DTE framework as every recent post.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

Hi,

Can you give me a link to a page showing the issue, or can it be seen in this or one of the other examples?

Allan

• koniahinkoniahin Posts: 186Questions: 39Answers: 7

The CMS we are building is under development and we can't, won't share it with the public. It is protected by both apache and user accounts, authorization. One possibility is to set up access to the pages in question so that authorized users can access those pages.

Once set we would have you or perhaps a general DataTable account sign up for an account then in administration I adjust your access level.

This is mostly set up now.

Visit: https://www.smokeymo.xyz/
    Select Account --> Register
    Create a new account (if possible use an account with an email address that all staff can use)
    Once the forms submits the account is active. Ignore the email it sends (it needs some work).
    After you create the account inform me here and I will update your auth level.
    After the auth level is updated you will have access to several troubled forms.

This will work for all the recent posts I have opened. Thx.

Hi,

That's me registered with an account. I used allan @ this domain.

Allan

Thank you, I just upped your access level to Administrator. When you click on Account --> Dashboard You should see a DTE-specific select menu where you will find relevant forms including the Businesses/Contacts multi-level form.

Many thanks for that. I do indeed see the DTE dropdown at the top of the page.

Could you clarify which of the links I should go to from there and what I should do to see the problem once there please? If you could provide a step-by-step for reproducing the issue, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Allan

Here is how to reproduce the problem:

The page: https://www.smokeymo.xyz/bin/businesses2

1) Select the Larry Notetaker row of the parent table.
    2) Click once on any of the simple fields up to Notes.
    3) Make a change or not
    4) Now click on a different simple field. You will see it instantaneously open/close.

5) With the textedit/ckeditorClassic fields like Notes it behaves differently. Click to edit and it flashes a bunch of times before stabilizing. Editing saves fine, so far as I can see.

My colleague did some investigation.He does not know the for sure cause or have a solution. What we observed, see the image, is that when we click on the parent, inline, it makes 2 posts. The second might be for the country/region selector, not sure.

With the child table if we click from field to field (text field) it is making 5 posts. It always fails upon clicking in the 2nd field. If we click on the ckeditor bubble field it makes a passel of requests, flickers, then eventually stabilizes. I'm attaching 2 pictures.

text field like lname, email

ckeditor field

With this extra info do you have do you have any ideas on where to go with this? Please take a look.

edited March 2023

We need a working solution where parent child method is properly implemented with datatables and datatables editor. We need inline editing working for both parent and child tables. We also need dependent fields implementation with parent and child at the same time. Any working example or demo will greatly help. (Shovon Choudhury)

Note - my associate signed in and was going to post this comment but he sees no Leave a Comment option.