Button with ability to select columns

Button with ability to select columns

MadBoyEvoMadBoyEvo Posts: 119Questions: 38Answers: 0

Description of problem:
I use DataTables with large amount of columns 30+ with ScrollX option. Is there a way to create a button of some sort that allows users to limit columns they want to see for given session (or maybe even remember settings over sessions)?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,831Questions: 1Answers: 10,132 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Is there a way to create a button of some sort that allows users to limit columns they want to see for given session

Two options:

1) A custom button that will implement whatever hiding logic you want (use columns().visible() to hide columns, or
    2) Use columnVisibility to set visibility for a set of columns.

It really depends on how you want to hide what columns and under what conditions.

?

stateSave doe basic state saving, including column visibility. For more control, including multiple states, use the StateRestore extension.

Allan

• MadBoyEvoMadBoyEvo Posts: 119Questions: 38Answers: 0

Well, I would like for user to have checkboxes or something within a list that allow to choose which columns should be there, and which should go away. Since a lot of data may be unnecessary by whoever is looking at it.

As I see from your answer there's nothign that's mostly built-in, or some sort of extension - and I don't have a skill high enough to pull it off I guess I know my answer :-)

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,371Questions: 26Answers: 4,779
    Answer ✓

Here are a bunch of column visibility examples. Its part of the Buttons extension.

Kevin

• MadBoyEvoMadBoyEvo Posts: 119Questions: 38Answers: 0