Problem with FixedColumn plugin

Problem with FixedColumn plugin

ghulamghulam Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in Bug reports
I have a table with 20+ columns out of which 7 are fixed and the data is populating in the table dynamically from the database. I want the table to be 7 fixed columns on left and the table width must be within the browser windows limit and if the width overflows scroll bar must appear to the right hand side columns. Problems I face when datatable loads:
1. when the table loads header columns are out of sync with the body columns.
2. table when first loads the right side columns are too wide and doesn't fit inside the browser width and have to scroll all along to see the data, to over come this i used [code] $(window).load(function(){ oTable.fnAdjustColumnSizing();});[/code] it resizes the columns first time it loads the table and again when i click the pagination's next or previous or the numbers then the page goes too wide, second time I click next it resizes, next click results again in too wide table.
3. when i use "bJQueryUI": true the left side columns(i.e the fixed columns) doesn't change when pagination's buttons are clicked.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    Please link to a test case showing the issue: http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/12899/post-test-cases-when-asking-for-help-please-read

Allan
  • ghulamghulam Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 07:48:31 UTC

Line: 796
    Char: 7
    Code: 0
    URI: http://datatables.net/download/build/FixedColumns.js
  • allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    Can you please link to a test case page showing the error? I need to know how to reproduce the error to have a chance of being able to fix it.

Allan
  • ghulamghulam Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Its too huge code to put it in test case page
  • jwinjwin Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited April 2013
    Okay, I am getting the same exact error from IE (including line number and character 7). When in Internet Explorer 8, I do not see the images from the UI theme for the prev/next buttons until I change the number of rows being displayed (they appear the first time in Chrome). Also, when I increase the number of rows displayed, it only changes the non-fixed columns. I have set up a live example here: http://live.datatables.net/eyoxac/5

If you change the number of rows displayed, it will produce the error.

However, since the UI theme I have it pointing to referes to images relative to where it is hosted, it the UI doesnt appear, so the prev/next do not show anyways. This example shows most of the issues I am having though. This example I put up also doesn't format the width of the table to the page (until I change row count, etc.), but on my real page, it appears fitted to the window on the first load. The left, fixed column data does not change when paging either.

Also, I forgot the mention.. in order to get the fixed columns to freeze any left most columns, I found that I have to go back to jquery 1.8.2.. I couldn't get it to work with newer versions. No idea why.

I am new to datatables/fixed colums, but I'd love to get them working how I need them. Thanks in advance!

Josh
This discussion has been closed.