ServerSide with Language File drawing table twice.

ServerSide with Language File drawing table twice.

pixelerpixeler Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in Bug reports
I have created a small plugin which I use to create DataTables easily with some extra functionality.
No matter if I use it without my small jQuery plugin or with it, I still have the same problem.

Problem:
1. If I'm using server side with language file, data (ajax) source (sAjaxSource) is called twice.

Some additional problems;

1. If language file is used, there is no delay for search input. It is sending request to search ajax source file each time a key is pressed thus causing extremely slow searches.

2. I don't know if it is just me when DataTables is used with ajax source, there is a width problem which is causing the scroll bar to appear in the table without server side feature everything is just as expected.

Preview : http://live.datatables.net/ivisax
P.S. preview is not functional due to using server side features with my small plugin.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    > It is sending request to search ajax source file each time a key is pressed thus causing extremely slow searches.

Use the http://datatables.net/plug-ins/api#fnSetFilteringDelay plug-in to add a bit of debounce.

> 2. I don't know if it is just me when DataTables is used with ajax source, there is a width problem which is causing the scroll bar to appear in the table

Can you link me to a working test case showing this issue?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • pixelerpixeler Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2013
    Hello Allan,

Thank you for your reply. Well I can send you the link but it is in admin panel. I also would have to send you an account information for you to access. However I don't see any PM option here.

If you have checked my small plugin (the preview link, source code), I have fixed it with a small jQuery code. That's why it is not really that important.

Do you have any idea about the first main problem?

[quote]pixeler said: Problem:
    1. If I'm using server side with language file, data (ajax) source (sAjaxSource) is called twice.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken this problem occurred since DataTables 1.9.x. It is loading the data twice thus making pages slower.

Once again, thank you for your reply and help.
  • jeninijenini Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hello Pixeler,

Do you have an idea of what cause your problem ?
    I hope you do, because it will really help me :)
This discussion has been closed.