Datatables 1.9.4 - IE Issue

Datatables 1.9.4 - IE Issue

arvind227arvind227 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in Bug reports
Hi,

I am using DT 1.9.4 along with FixedColumns.js . Unfortunately the page takes too much time to load in IE. The browser gets hanged and then only the page gets loaded .Appox it takes 2-3 min. I am not using json array to render my data. Data gets rendered directly in HTML. And the total rows would be hardly 200 .

Can you please help me in solving the issue?

Thanks,
Aravind

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    3 minutes for 200 rows!? What version of IE are you using?

Can you link us to the page please?

Allan
  • arvind227arvind227 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am using IE 8. Only sometimes it takes 3 min. Otherwise it will take 1 min. But the browser gets hanged and i feel like even 1 min is more for 200 rows!.

Unfortunately i can't post the link public. Just if you post your suggestions it would be helpful for me. I will implement it and get back to you
  • jhcomputejhcompute Posts: 26Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Have you tried another browser for testing. I have a mysql db that has over 300 records that loads from a server to DT with editor on a mobile device and it takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds.

Try another browser to test or data load/connection.

Cheers...
    The two things I can think off to speed thing sup are to use deferred rendering (I don't know if you are using Ajax data and paging or not) and CSS row heights: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/FixedColumns/css_size.html .

It would be very helpful if you could at least post your table configuration so we can at least know what you are using. However, without an example there is very limited help we can offer since we are really just guessing.

Allan
    I am not using Ajax to render the data. The list will be available from DB and i would just iterate it to display in my jsp. I am using like this in my jsp.

Plan Name
    System Name
    Plan ID
    Logo ID (24 columns)

${container.item.planName}
    ${container.item.systName}
    ${container.item.planId}
    ${container.item.logoId} (24 columns)

(function($) {
    $(document).ready( function () {

var oTable = $('#example').dataTable( {
    "sScrollY": "300px",
    "sScrollX": "150%",
    "sScrollXInner": "350%",
    "bScrollCollapse": true,
    "bPaginate": false
    } );
    new FixedColumns( oTable, {
    "iLeftColumns": 3
    } );
    } );
    })(jQuery)

Hope this is useful. And also i have no performance issues in other browsers like Firefox or Chrome. Think i can't use deferred rendering since the data is not rendered using Ajax.

Thanks
    Any suggestions?
    How many rows are in your table? Is the table hidden when you initialise it? We've found in the past IE does something very odd that takes a huge amount of time when that is the case.

Allan
    There are 122 rows in my table. Table is not hidden. Not sure whats the problem is but IE gets hanged during page load
    Okay - I'm afraid I don't know what the issue is in that case. IE shouldn't be taking that long for just 122 rows... We'd need a test case showing the issue.

Allan
    I found like when FixedColumns.js used it is taking more thann 30 sec to load the page. But when i commented the call to FixedColumns.js, the page gets loaded in 8 sec.
    Yes, FixedColumns is heavy on the processing. You can use CSS to help speed it up: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/FixedColumns/css_size.html

Allan
This discussion has been closed.