Datatables 1.10-dev: _aFilterData never defined

Datatables 1.10-dev: _aFilterData never defined

psmerdpsmerd Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in Bug reports
In latest build (as of 24 July 2013), when I try to filter on a column, I get: TypeError: settings.aoData[display[i]]._aFilterData is undefined.
This is at line 2342.

At line 1102, row._aFilterData is set to null.
At line 2486, I see row._sFilterCells = filterData;
I do not see where _aFilterData is set.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,435Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Are you able to give me a test case showing the issue? Also are you using the latest version in git? There have been a number of changes recently.

Allan
  • psmerdpsmerd Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yes, this should have been the most recent pull from git.
    I am running a site successfully using 1.9.4. When I try to switch to 1.10, I get the error thrown as noted above. Send me an email to jgdt at marindv.com and I'll send you credentials to log in to a test site.
  • gregceegregcee Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Not to hijack the thread, but I believe this is related to a column filtering issue I am experiencing with 1.10. These details may help.

If you visit the knockout example page on this site, pull up a console and enter "$('#example').dataTable().fnFilter('jimmy', 1)", when invoked you will receive the error "TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined".
  • allanallan Posts: 61,435Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    @gregcee - I've just updated the Knockout demo to the latest DataTables 1.10-pre from git and your example works fine now. Can't remember when I fixed that, but it is :-)

Allan
This discussion has been closed.