oSettings is NULL after same UI page loaded in different places - ver 1.9.4 ... need help please!

oSettings is NULL after same UI page loaded in different places - ver 1.9.4 ... need help please!

jeghersjeghers Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2013 in Bug reports
Greetings everyone,

I have a tricky problem and a pressing deadline ... I sure hope someone can help with this!

I have a data entry form that

a) includes a table with local data (no backend calls), and
b) it is instantiated in multiple places (both in the main work area and also in a slideup panel below the work area), but not at the same time

Link to see the problem: http://www.t4p.com/table-break/table-break.html

Debug ID: iqorir

After the following steps in the UI table-break.html, I see an error that seems to kill the table...

1) Bring up the UI, see the table with sample data under "Gizmo Details"
2) Click "Previous Requests" on the left-hand accordion menu, see a different unrelated page now
3) Click "Edit" button at the top, see the same data entry form as in step 1, but this time appearing in a slideup panel
4) Click "Submit New Requests" to reload the same UI page as in step 1 ... the Gizmo table is now broken

The error is: 'aoData' is null or not an object jquery.dataTables.js, line 472 character 4
[code]
/* Create the object for storing information about this new row */
var iRow = oSettings.aoData.length; <<<****************** HERE - oSettings is null
var oData = $.extend( true, {}, DataTable.models.oRow );
[/code]

I will continue trying to debug this, but being unknown and complex code for me, I think I need some help!

Thanks in advance,

/Mark

Replies

• jeghersjeghers Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I think I posted this in the wrong group, should have been DataTables 1.9 group??? Sorry!
    I'd move it to the other group if I knew how...
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    What does the edit button actually do? It looks like it only breaks if you click that.

Allan
  • jeghersjeghers Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    It opens the slideup panel and loads another instance of the original data entry form into that panel. I wonder if the problem is related to repeated instances of the same data entry form coming and going in two places...?
This discussion has been closed.