Wish list books - thank you's! [March 2014]

Wish list books - thank you's! [March 2014]

allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
edited March 2014 in Announcements
Hello all,

This is a thread where I can say a huge thank you to anyone who as sent me something from my wish list for DataTables.

Allan

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    @systematical (Chris N) - Jigs & Fixtures for the Table Saw and Router.

I've recently returned to my childhood hobby of woodworking and got a router. Was working on a few mortise and tenon joints earlier this afternoon, and having looked through this book, I think a sled for the router is the first thing to make! Will make life a lot easier, so thank you so much for this book - it will be well used!

Regards,
    Allan
    edited March 2014
    Ramadas M - Producing Open Source Software.

This is obviously a topic very close to my own heart! This book was recommended by a friend a little while ago, and it looks like it will be extremely useful. There are most certainly some points that I know I can improve with DataTables as an OSS project (heh - like all software; everything can be improved!) and hopefully this will help in that regard. Certainly I've got a couple of ideas already from just reading small parts over the last few nights :-).

Regards,
    Allan
    @naphier (Sean) - Content Rules.

This ties in very nicely with the "Producing Open Source Software" book (above) and the areas that I think I can improve about DataTables! Content... The documentation of DataTables is taking a huge leap forward (imho of course ;-) ) with the up coming 1.10 release, but supporting media such as the blog, videos, etc are areas I know I can improve, so this book is going to be well read, and hopefully I can put the ideas from it into practice. Thank you!

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.