Issues with DataTables/Table Tools and SharePoint 2010?

Issues with DataTables/Table Tools and SharePoint 2010?

paperdoll2003paperdoll2003 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2013 in TableTools
Have you heard of anyone having issues with DataTables/Table Tools in SharePoint 2010? I'm using the exact same code both on my local machine and a hosted SharePoint 2010 site. The export buttons work fine on my local machine (once I added the directory to the trusted locations in Flash), but using the exact same code (updated references of course), the only Table Tools button that works is Print. I've seen a lot of posts about this same issue, but none of the solutions have worked for me. Please see code below (scrubbed for proprietary data and using your example table). We have verified all references are correct. Main JQuery file is referenced on the master page and thus isn't shown here.

I couldn't post the code here because of the character limit, but you can see it http://jsfiddle.net/XgL7L/. Only code, doesn't actually run.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    I'm not aware of any issues with SharePoint 2010 I'm afraid, so no easy answer. If looks like your code in JSFiddle would run if the correct resources were loaded. Are there any errors shown in your browser's console? Can you link us to a working (not not working as the case is!) test case so we can debug it.

Allan
  • paperdoll2003paperdoll2003 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    No console errors. Also checked SharePoint ULS logs and not seeing any errors that may indicate what is going on. The site is on an intranet, so I can't provide a link to it, but I ran the debug bookmark you put together. The code was 'atekub' if that helps?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Thanks of the debug code. It says that the SWF file is in the relative path: `media/swf/copy_csv_xls.swf` . Is that the case? Beyond that, I'm afraid that there is little I can do to help as I'm afraid I don't know what is going wrong.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • jKlausjKlaus Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I know this is an old post but I recently experienced the same issue so I wanted to put the solution out there. Fiddler showed the file was received yet the export buttons would not function. After a bit of toying around with it I found that using a document library to host the swf does not work. The file seems to be read only, not executable. I modified my webapp to host all of the files in _layouts rather than a sub-dir in site assets and everything worked fine.

This discussion has been closed.