sorting_asc and sorting_desc classes not applied to header when using sWidth in IE8

sorting_asc and sorting_desc classes not applied to header when using sWidth in IE8

shickeyshickey Posts: 18Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited May 2014 in Bug reports

The arrows indicating sorting direction are not appearing on IE8 for DataTables 1.10. I do not see this issue in Chrome or IE11. I narrowed down the issue to the use of sWidth to size a column.

Here is a JSBin showing the issue. I have sWidth commented out so that you can see it working as intended. Uncomment that line to see that the class is not applied to the header cells and the ordering arrows do not appear (In IE8). Is there an easy work around to fix this issue?

Update: Modifying the initialization to use "width" and "className" instead of "sWidth" and "sClass" does not make a difference.

Update 2: More minified version

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Oops - sorry, I though I had replied back to this. Perhaps it must have been in a different thread? Either way, I've just committed a fix for this. It would appear that IE8 does something a little mental when cloning nodes, and doesn't fully break the reference between the nodes (or alternatively it might be a jQuery bug...).

I've put in a workaround now and I'll be rebuilding the nightly shortly after I've looked at a few other things that need to be committed.

Thanks for the test case for this!

Allan

• shickeyshickey Posts: 18Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yes, it was likely another thread. Thank you Allan!

This discussion has been closed.