Bug with Inline Editor and the 'radio' fieldType

Bug with Inline Editor and the 'radio' fieldType

capitalbrandscapitalbrands Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited July 2014 in Bug reports

If you have one or more 'radio' columns and you edit some field on a row, then you edit a field on a different row (but not the radio button column), the 2nd row's request data for the radio column will have the value of the radio button column from the previously edited row.

I know that was confusing.

Here is a jsfiddle to show what I am talking about: http://jsfiddle.net/zBWY6/3/ (sorry I had to paste in the whole minified Editor js file because it got blocked as an external resource)

To see the bug in action:
1) click on the 'label 1' text in row # 1 to get the inline editor field
2) click off the table so that it submits on blur without actually having modified any data
3) click on the 'label 2' text in row # 2 to get the inline editor field
4) click off the table so that it submits on blur without actually having modifying any data
5) see that the 'Flag' column for row #2 gets updated to a 1 (and note that the data[flag] item sent in the outgoing xhr request has a value of 1 instead of 0 - which is the original value for row #2)

Although our Editor license is under the account '...@...nds.com' please send any responses to: ...@...nds.com - I'm not sure if anyone monitors the 'netadmins' account.

Also, IE 11 (and all versions as far as I can tell) has a major problem with the Inline editor in that you can only Inline Edit one field per column before it just stops working. Because of this, we had to disable Inline Editing for IE and provide an 'Edit' button instead to do it via the full form. Degraded experience for a crappy browser....

Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,625Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Thanks for the test case and the details. There is indeed a bug in Editor here. I've just sent an e-mail to you with an updated version of Editor that addresses the problem.

I've removed the e-mail addresses from the post above - you probably don't want the spam that would come from the addresses being scraped from the site...!

Regards,
    Allan

• capitalbrandscapitalbrands Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you for the quick response, and for all the work on these excellent tools!

This discussion has been closed.