Buttons: Multi Column layout does not place text on buttons

Buttons: Multi Column layout does not place text on buttons

jrizzi1jrizzi1 Posts: 44Questions: 12Answers: 3
edited September 2015 in Free community support

Allan,
Following the example on this page https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/column_visibility/layout.html

when the example gets opened, the columns buttons appear but the column label text does not get put on the buttons

any ideas on why?

Answers

• dpalamedpalame Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

Having the same problem when using two, three, or four column layout. removing collectionLayout and going single column is working fine. Even jrizzi1 example page is not showing second column text on my browser - Google Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

This unfortunately looks like a Chrome bug as it most certainly used to work.

As a workaround at the moment you can add the following to your CSS to address this issue:

div.dt-button-collection a.dt-button {
      position: static;
    }

I'll try to replicate with a simple test case and post up a bug for Chrome. I'll post back here when done for tracking.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

I've tracked it down a bit more and I'm confident that this is a Chrome 45 rendering error. I've filed a bug report with test case.

In the mean time, a workaround is to remove the border-radius on the outer wrapper element, which I've done in this commit and the nightly is up to date with this case.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.