Are the Buttons and TableTools extensions mutually exclusive ?

Are the Buttons and TableTools extensions mutually exclusive ?

rob morningrob morning Posts: 30Questions: 7Answers: 1

I've installed the Buttons extension and i'm trying to use ir on one of my tables .. I've left TableTools on other tables in the same application .. I can't get the CSV / Excel buttons to work (in Buttons) though the Print and PDF one are working fine .. Also it appears to have broken the TableTools buttons in a similar manner .. I left the flash support in from TableTools so i ain't using the HTML 5 support .. yet .. Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

It should be quite possible to use both of them together - not something I've tried, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

However, if there is a bug in Buttons that is forcing you to use TableTools instead of just Buttons, I would suggest that we should fix the bug.

Can you link to a page showing the issue so I can help.

Allan

• rob morningrob morning Posts: 30Questions: 7Answers: 1

I'll have to build something to replicate this .. the real app isn't available online .. Thanks for your offer of help ..

edited October 2015

I got the tableTools working again by importing 'buttons.flash.min.js' before the tableTools ones .. This has removed the Buttons standard built in buttons(copy, pdf ..) from the single table I'd attached them to BUT left a (working) user defined button behind .. Also should probably have said I'm using Bootstrap ..

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

I'm afraid that without a test case I can't really offer much help.

As I say, I would suggest avoiding using both Buttons and TableTools together - I don't see why that would in any way beneficial. If there is a bug in Buttons that is stopping you from using it, please describe it and post a test case so I can fix it.

Allan

I'll try and put a test case together .. thanks again

This discussion has been closed.