HTML5 copy and csv slow

HTML5 copy and csv slow

aaronwaaronw Posts: 89Questions: 3Answers: 4

Using the HTML5copy and csv commands on a recent computer and browser (Chrome 44 or so) takes a long time (2 JS script warnings) on what I think is not a huge table - 670 rows and 7 columns. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it works?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75
    edited November 2015

Welll.. maybe if you included the errors and said hownlong it takes... :-P

• aaronwaaronw Posts: 89Questions: 3Answers: 4

I mean the JS 'this script is running slow' warnings that you get in most browsers when there's some JS that's taking an abnormally long time (or an infinite loop) and the browser offers to stop the script. It takes about 22 seconds to have the 'copy to clipboard' notification return from when I push the button.

Thats weird, it shouldnt take that long.

To rule out the amount of rows though, how about you take it down to about 50 or so? Just for diagnosing

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Answer ✓

22 seconds seems like an exceptionally long amount of time. Can you give us a link to the page so we can profile it please? Also, if you are using an old version of Buttons, make sure you update to the latest release (or the nightly) which has a load of performance related fixes in it.

Allan

• aaronwaaronw Posts: 89Questions: 3Answers: 4

Upgraded Buttons from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 and it is instantaneous now. Looks like I missed out on https://github.com/DataTables/Buttons/commit/15bba8dfa2b80dc048bb4af55c7a2e1f2ed38956 which seems to be the fix.

Oh, nice! Glad you got it fixed.

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Excellent - always nice to hear when an upgrade helps :-)

This discussion has been closed.