ColumnFilterWidgets

ColumnFilterWidgets

mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

I used CFW quite a lot in a project with DT1.0 and would like to do so again, but with the latest version.

Now, I seems to remember that I had somehow managed to get the selectors for the various columns shown in the corresponding columns - but I do not have access to the old code, so I can't verify. And anyways, since that is outdated, it wouldn't help. But is there such a possibility with the current versions? (Having these filters just shown as a separate block on top or below the table just doesn't look that nice ...)

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm not aware of CFW still being maintained - I might be wrong though. Asking the original author might be your best shot, or updating the code as required.

Allan

• mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

Yes, I saw that activity had somehow gone down, but since the last releases indicated compatibility with DT1.1 I was hoping some maintenance would still be there. I'll see if I can get in touch with cyberhobo.
    Or have perhaps any alternatives emerged???

edited December 2015 Answer ✓

YADCF is excellent - but it puts elements into the header / footer which you said you didn't want - edit This is incorrect - See reply from daniel_r below.

Allan

• mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

I had emailed Cyberhobo asking about the status and he confirmed that he is no longer actively developping - but he is accepting pull-request. He also pointed me to https://github.com/vedmack/yadcf

• daniel_rdaniel_r Posts: 460Questions: 4Answers: 67
    Answer ✓

In addition yadcf can put your filters into any container that you'll tell it to, just point yadcf to that container id and thats it, notice the third column filter in the following yadcf showcase sample

Answer ✓

Thanks for the correction! I've edited the above post to note that.

This discussion has been closed.