Printing a table with a footer

Printing a table with a footer

msalamonmsalamon Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am having a few issues using the print feature with a table that has a footer. Btw, I have set the print button to footer:true
(1) My table has 8 columns but my footer only 2: A "total" type of word in col1 and then a Sum of the values in col8. I am using colspan="7" for the sum. However, when I go to print, the sum value appears in columns 2 through 8, not just 8.

(2) I Have 3 footer rows. My table shows only the top 20 of all records. So the 3 footers are: top 20 total, Other total and grand total. But when I print, only the first of those footer rows is included. My other option is to simply treat the footer rows like regular rows and figure out a way to style them differently.

Also, unrelated, but one of my columns in the table is set to align="right", which works fine in the table, but when I go to print, it does not align to the right.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Unfortunately colspan is not currently supported in the footer for a printed table. That is something that I need to address in a future update (or patches are welcome).

Also, unrelated, but one of my columns in the table is set to align="right", which works fine in the table, but when I go to print, it does not align to the right.

Styles are not copied to the print table. A class name set using columns.className should be though, so that would be a different option to do the same thing.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.