Control column always show

Control column always show

jtoler5jtoler5 Posts: 81Questions: 29Answers: 3

Is it not possible to make the responsive control icon always show no matter what the screen size?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Not really. The reason why not is that if there is nothing hidden then there is nothing for Responsive to show in the details view. I'm not sure what value it would have if it were shown but did nothing?

Allan

• jtoler5jtoler5 Posts: 81Questions: 29Answers: 3

To act sort of like a child row and have it populate a modal. I know you have a child row example in the DataTables examples but using responsive is just easier and no need to build the html for a modal. Responsive just works better overall.

Setting columns to always show basically and never in table.

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Just to check my understanding, you want to show all columns but use Responsive to populate a modal? That seems like a lot of code is being included which could be replaced with just a handful of lines (I have a feeling I'm misunderstood though - apologies if so!).

Allan

• brynjolfbrynjolf Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

I find this usecase to make sense.

For example, you have a table within a table, that is shown on a childrow. When resized you also want the nice responsive control over what is shown in what way as well as the table within the childrow.

This discussion has been closed.