Tabbing Columns unable to edit more than once

Tabbing Columns unable to edit more than once

dan@19ideas.comdan@19ideas.com Posts: 56Questions: 13Answers: 1

One of my customers pointed out an error in the inline editor of my datatables. I tried to fixed it and found out the same issue is happening in the demo version of the tabbing columns section in the editor. So I now know this is an issue happening in the source code itself.

Steps to repeats:

Go to the link: https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/tabControl.html

Click the first cell of the first row (in my case the value is "Angela")
Change value to "Angela1" and tab out (this works)
Not go back to "Angela1" and change to "Angela2" and tab out (this doesn't work), it still says "Angela1"

The only way to truly save is if you hit the "enter" button instead of tabbing.

This behavior is true for all columns when tabbing out a second time after the first edit.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Thanks for pointing this out. Let me get back to you when I've investigated the problem a bit!

Allan

Hi,

This is a somewhat embarrassing error in the example! There are two ways that the inline() method is called in that example - the click event handler and the KeyTable Editor integration. In the example the keys integration had onBlur: 'submit' while the click didn't!

Making them match resolves that and I'll push an update out to the site in the next few days with the change.

Another option (which the updated example will use) is to use formOptions.inline to set a common onBlur value.

Allan

• dan@19ideas.comdan@19ideas.com Posts: 56Questions: 13Answers: 1

Thanks Allan, looking forward to the update

Cheers!

Hi Allan, how's the update coming?

Hi Allan,

A few customers of mine keep emailing me about this issue, any updates yet?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay (and missing your other bumps). The release is nearly ready, however, as I say, its not an error in the library, but rather in the example. use formOptions.line and setting the onBlur option to be submit addresses the issue.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.