DataTables With c++ (cgi)

DataTables With c++ (cgi)

infantheartlyjesinfantheartlyjes Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2012 in Bug reports
Hi all,
I'm doing a project with this DataTables Plugin. I 'm just reading all concepts of this DataTable Plugin now. I'm not using any Relational DB in my server side. My all data are simply flat files. Using c++ program I'm reading data from the file and posting html page ( DataTable ) using CGI concepts. I'm going to use this DataTable just an editor. If i click save button in my page , I need to pass my all DataTable records to my cgi program. I checked lot of sites. I don't know how to send this DataTables data into my C++ program. Please help me to find out solution of my problem. How can i send DataTable Records to C++ through cgi ? Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    > How can i send DataTable Records to C++ through cgi ?

I don't really understand the question. DataTables itself doesn't do any "sending of records". I presume you are trying to do a POST or a GET with form data? How would you do it if you weren't using DataTables? You'd use stdin in your CGI program to read the parameters - you'd need to do that here as well (or depending on your CGI environment read the parameters from the POST / GET variables.
  • infantheartlyjesinfantheartlyjes Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Okie. In my earlier version i have used normal html table. I manually wrote scripts to edit the tables. After editing the table i got all table values using getvalues() function. Now i'm using Jquery DataTable plugin.Here I paginated the table. Table showing 10 Records per page. I edited 3rd page row. Then i moved to 1st page. I edited a record in this page also. Now i'm presently viewing the first page. when i clikced save button, I called getvalues() function i watched variable 'datas' value using alert box. Now i'm getting only 1st page values not all .
    This is my earlier version to pass data from the table to c++ program using cgi.
    [code]
    function getValues()
    {
    var rw = document.getElementsByTagName('tr');
    var tmp = document.getElementsByTagName('td');
    var datas='';
    var arr=rw[0].cells.length;
    var len=tmp.length;
    for (i=0;i
  • allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    > How could i get all the values in Paginated DataTable using jquery or javascript.

See this example: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/api/form.html
This discussion has been closed.